Laboratory Information Management System
CAT Squared’s Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) was developed specifically for the food-processing industry to manage lab samples and results.
As plant-floor samples are collected, LIMS generates documentation for each sample as part of a strictly-enforced, bar-coded chain of custody. As samples are received into the lab, user-defined operating procedures ensure that personnel follows appropriate protocol. Analytical instruments may also be integrated with LIMS to automatically capture test results, reducing human error. With LIMS, information flows more efficiently, and the product is shipped in a timely manner; the bottom line is improved, while accuracy and compliance are ensured.
- Ensures complete traceability and accountability with a secure, bar-coded chain of custody
- Offers a complete library of dynamic web-based reports for data analysis
- Reduces the risk of non-compliance by eliminating errors and missing data
- Integrates with existing laboratory equipment to improve performance and reduce data entry errors
- Integrates with CAT Squared’s Warehouse Management System (WMS) to place product on hold and prevent product from being shipped until lab results are released
- Can define samples by process, product, or customer specifications
- Allows for scheduled, monitored, and alerted sampling as well as ad hoc sampling and testing
- Allows users to receive multiple samples at one time as well as update multiple test records simultaneously
- Sends SMS and email alerts for missing or late samples as well as alerts lab personnel using color-coded prompts
- Offers a fully-integrated review and approval process for sample results