Live Animal Receiving
CAT Squared‘s Live Animal Receiving application is the first step in improving traceability and yield tracking.
Cattle are assigned a lot number and entered into the harvest schedule for daily production. Livestock is received into the plant then labeled with bar codes or RFID tags to interface data from growers into the plant’s system. The animal is identified by ear tag and back tag. After slaughter, the RFID tag is married to each carcass side for tracking.
- Begins yield analysis by capturing live incoming weights
- Captures data needed for grower settlements
- Controls product inventory in real-time
- Maintains traceability from farm to fork
- Ensures efficient recall
- Utilizes real-time reporting
- Manages the harvest schedule for daily production
- Identifies carcasses using ear and back tags
- Allows printing of scale tickets, allowing reception of animals by group (swine) or individual live weight (cattle)
- Integrates with other CAT Squared modules for inventory and shipping