CAT2 offers more labeling options than any of our competitors, with solutions implemented in food industry sectors throughout the world, including poultry, red meat, pork, fish, and further processing. Our labeling solutions support box-end labeling, pallet labeling, consumer unit labeling, as well as weigh-price labeling.
Our Case Labeling solutions extend from manual to fully-automated in-motion weigh and label systems. Our in-motion systems include automatic print-and-apply and label verification functions, which provide the ability to weigh and label more than 30 cases per minute with no operator intervention. Our built-in store and forward technology allows each labeling station to run even when your network is down. As soon as the network becomes functional again, the labeling stations will synchronize the data with the plant server, ensuring minimum downtime and maximum throughput. The operator will never even know there was a problem!
At the heart of our labeling solutions is our feature-rich Label Management module which offers users the flexibility to design and manage any number of label formats, customized by product, customer or batch run. Production data can also be integrated into our Production Control module, providing a real-time view of production and give-away. Using the powerful production planning features, personnel can manage and control plant-floor production from any terminal. With our Warehouse Management System, we offer complete control of product movement, inventories and complete traceability. Our Executive Dashboard provides management with web based graphical reports and charts for single- or multi-plant monitoring.
Backed by 24-hour support, our labeling systems currently run up to 20 hours per day, 7 days a week with little to no downtime in plants all over the world.
Processes SupportedBox-End labeling
- Catch weight and fixed weight labeling
- Giveaway managed by means of upper and lower weight limits
- Composite tare weights calculated using bill of materials
- High-speed product selection using touch-screen interface
- Real-time progress feedback at scale
- Automatic palletizing
- Like or mixed pallet support
- Pallet optimization by customer and order
- Integrates with palletizing robots
- n+1 labeling: label consumer units then generate case label
- Product or customer-specific label support.
- Manual or in-motion weigh-price labeling
- Customer-specific pricing and discount support
- Alternate and club card pricing
- Price by weight or units
ConfigurationsStatic Weigh and Label
- Operator positions case on weigh platform to generate label
- Scales configured for existing production lines
- Mobile wireless weigh stations available
- Weigh and label up to 30 cases per minute
- In-motion applicators position labels on top, side, or wrap-around
- Automatically identify product and verify labels
- Automatically reject illegible labels or non-compliant product
- Automatic product selection by configurable weigh groups or brands
- Selection supported for case labeling and weigh-price labeling
- Manage production against a predefined production plan
- Remotely monitor and adjust plan from any networked computer
- Make-to-order and track progress against customer orders
- Design custom labels by means of the WYSIWYG label designer
- Print multiple label formats per product using configurable customer and product rules
- Create labels in multiple languages
- Customize label data such as logos, pack date, and sell-by date
- Customize label text by customer and product
- Various print engines supported, including Datamax, Sato, Zebra, and Intermec