Warehouse Management System (WMS)
CAT2's Warehouse Management System (WMS) enables your company to reach higher levels of efficiency, profitability, and customer satisfaction by providing the necessary tools to effectively manage orders, prevent shipping errors, and maintain precise inventory control.
Floor-level activity is viewable the instant it occurs, giving managers real-time inventory access. The use of hand-held PDA barcode scanners on the plant floor enables users to identify potential problems and correct them. Movement and shipping rules can be configured and defined per location, customer, product, or order. The system's serialized inventory method provides complete tracking and recall, and parameterized reports offer a complete view of inventory levels, aging, rotation, shipping trends, and all other aspects of warehouse management.
The shipping system will respect all QA product holds and alert personnel that the product may not be added to the load. The WMS is also integrated with our Food Safety System, making complete pre-shipment review reports available for each order and load being shipped. These reports list all Food Safety checks, lab results, and corrective actions, when necessary, for selected dates and times.
Real-time visibility and control are crucial to a company's bottom line. Floor personnel use hand-held PDA barcode scanners for palletizing, positioning, picking, and shipping. All movement data is stored in the database as each barcode is scanned, so management can be confident that viewable data and reports have accurate, current data. CAT2's WMS is helping companies lower costs, increase revenue, and improve productivity and efficiency with better management tools for their warehouses.
Full Inventory Control
- Serialized inventory system provides tracking and recall by serial number, production date, or lot number
- View real-time inventory, production, and movement reports
- Palletize, position, and write off product
- Receive rework, customer returns, and transfers from other departments
- Automatically position pallets and combos as they are produced
- View real-time data as pallets are built and positioned
- View reports by age, lot, production date, or shift
- Run a physical inventory audit for any storage location
- Enter orders directly into the WMS, if desired
- Interface with existing ERP systems to import orders and build loads, then send data back to the ERP for billing
- Manage make-to-order or make-to-inventory orders
- Integrate with make-to-order and palletizing systems to provide a seamless flow of products and information
- Configure coolers, freezers, blast cells, and floor space storage areas
- Define rack configurations for each cooler or freezer
- Configure storage locations for work-in-progress and finished product
- Define shipping rules by location, customer, product, order, and age
- Define allowable reasons for placing product on hold
- Directed picking with FIFO capability
- Prevent on-hold product from being shipped
- Enforce shipping rules to prevent product that does not meet requirements from being scanned to an order
- Combine multiple orders onto one load or split orders across multiple loads
- Print shipping schedules, pick lists, packing slips, and bills of lading
- Rework is also tracked and managed, and yield reporting is available by lot, batch, and department